Just when I thought my setup was nearly complete, this crap happens. It'll never stop.
Endangered Audio - Gristleizer
For the first time ever, Throbbing Gristle's legendary effects unit, The Gristleizer, is now available in eurorack synth module form (28HP wide). Though the original design by Roy Gwinn is over 30 years old, The Gristleizer had never seen commercial production until the summer of 2009, when Endangered Audio updated and improved the circuit. The audio path is modulated by an LFO using four selectable waveforms (ramp, reverse ramp, triangle, & square), functioning in one of two paths: VCA (voltage controlled amplifier) or VCF (voltage controlled filter). Ranging from light and sweet tremolo to extreme, raunchy ring mod, The Gristleizer is a 100% analog, hand-assembled unit built to last. These can connect to either analog systems power bus or doepfer (with adapter available from us), for easy addition to your eurorack system.
- More information and video here
Tip Top Audio is releasing mark II of their Z3000 oscillator. We'll have one of these at Synth Meet 7 on the 23rd of May.
Heres a short list of some of the new features:
- low-power, light blue display
- Frequency range of the z3000 is 0.7Hz - 30kHz.
- waveshaper CV input
The new version 2 is now built with SMD components and thus it´s PCB is very flat (pcb parallel to the faceplate). By the use of modern transistors the tracking got much more exact. The sawtooth now sounds a bit better and there's a new feature: vc waveshaping on the sine and triangle wave! It blends from "trashy sawtooth" to sine/triangle.
- Tip Top Audio
Oto machines - Biscuit
Last week, I was turned onto this strange desktop bitcrusher box and haven't stopped thinking about it since.
• Stereo inputs and outputs
• Input gain from -8 to 15 dB with diode clipping
• Real 8-bit Analog to Digital and Digital to Analog converters
• Unique capability of muting and inverting each of the 8 bits
• Variable sample clock from 250 Hz to 30 kHz
• True analog multimode filter with resonance control
• FX section: Waveshaper, Delay, Pitch Shifter and Step Filter
• Separate control of dry and 8-bit signals
• 16 presets
• MIDI : Continuous Controller, Beat Clock, Program Change and Sysex for presets
- Oto machines