9/04/2008

Workspace and Environment: The Sight Below

It's been a long time since our last Workspace and Environment entry. Most of the artists we're waiting for are on tour and enjoying summer but fear not, the grasp of fall and winter are coming and we'll be overflowing with domesticated artists willing to share their workspace and answer our questions. Here is a modest interview from The Sight Below from Ghostly International, also be sure to check out the excellent free EP that was recently released.

How long have you been involved with making music and what keeps you motivated?

Over 12 years. My Bloody Valentine - Kevin Shields makes perfect music.



What are your current favorite pieces of hardware?

Lexicon LXP-5 and LXP-1. I love the LXP-5's 12-bit pitch shifting reverb. I also like this German-made Schmidt bow I recently purchased and an old Kay guitar somebody gave me for my birthday. I swear by the SPX-90's reverse reverb.


What are some softwares or plugins you prefer?

I use Cubase for the most part. I like the Voxengo and URS plugins a lot. Lovely compressors and eq's. URS makes a great SSL emulation channel strip!





How does your physical space and surroundings influence your workflow?

I think the weather here in Seattle facilitates a distinctive emotional aura. The overcast skies have definitely influenced my creative output.

Could you describe your ideal location to be creative in?

Tromsø, Norway. I find the landscape and extreme climate very inspiring.





You can find The Sight Below from Ghostly International at:

- myspace
- Ghostly Artist Page
- No Place For Us (Free EP!)





1 comment:

Headphone Commute said...

Ah, yes... this nicely compliments my Two and a Half Questions with TSB ;) - I love getting more technical and geek out on the gear - but then I'd lose 90% of my readers ;)