12/01/2009

Workspace and Environment: Henrik Nordvargr Björkk


Background
I've been involved with music since the late eighties... I guess we were a bunch of smalltown boys with nothing better to do than drink beer, listen to music and hunt girls. Then some strange bands showed up - TG, Cabaret Voltaire, SPK to name a few. Everything changed after that.I am a man of many faces and projects... most known is probably MZ. 412. But I am mostly active as Nordvargr (my name BTW), Folkstorm and Toroidh. I have released some 100+ releases over the years on countless labels. I´d call Cold Spring, OEC and Neuropa my main lovers, but I occasionally go to bed with other labels.

Hardware
There are many things I love to play, Bugbrand Weevils, MoogerFoogers, Audible Disease stuff etc... but there is one brand I really love - Crowphonics. The CR0-1 is so fun to play, it sounds awesome and it is very unpredictable (in a good way). Ibought three instantly, and now I am waiting for the new model to arrive...

Software
Soundforge. Easy, sounds great and is very versatile.

Workspace and Environment
I work away from home a lot, so I prefer to make sure I can travel with my stuff. Almost everything I own has a case or bag so I can move it around. When it comes to where I work, it is irrelevant. I have tried recording in the basement at home to get an extra "dark vibe" etc, but really... it does not matter to me. When I record I am so focused on what I do that it really doesnt matter. But of course it would be cool to record at some wierd place sometime. Catacombs maybe?

First Piece of Equipment
A grey SH-101 back in ´86...

The Most Recent Equipment
I bought a few Moogerfoogers today!

Wish List
All Moogerfoogers, some Folktek stuff, a modular system... and the "unreachable" Buchla...

Live Performances
I dont play live that often, but last time I grabbed a laptop, a few pedals and a guitar...

Are You Involved With Sound Design or Composing for Film?
Not at the moment, but I have made music for theater and a few short movies. I´d really like to do more, but it is not something I come by often.

Links
- Nordvargr.com
- Nordvargr Virb
- Resignation Virb




No comments: