8/19/2009

X-art Studios hosting Bi-monthly Sessions

I received this e-mail from Xart:
"Chicago modular/noisebox Jamhub sessions!

Gear show and tell is great, and I had a great time meeting all of you! I think it time to ‘jack it up’ a notch in our local modular /noisebox community. I am going to volunteer to host bi-monthly Sunday Improvised Jam Sessions.
The idea would be to plan a theme + setup our playing rules + jam session etiquette and meet for 3 hours and play . . . We can also expand this to a improv silent film night, etc. I would like to propose we do this in the late afternoon/early evening on Sunday as a productive close to the weekend. I want to keep this as low-tek and accessible as possible to get people out of their apartments/home/bedrooms and make some noise. After doing some research on the best way to set this up (In an urban space) I came across the JAMHUB. Fukcing brilliant. idea that will reduce the need for excessive volumes and allow each person to be set to the same volume and each musician decides how loud each person should be, no more battle of the egos ! (or pissed of neighbors!)

www.jamhub.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwU2dnx-zo

I made some calls as it is expected to ship in early September. I will set up the fist JAMHUB improv. session at the X-ART studio as soon as we get it in.
We will obviously have a limited number of ‘seats’ for each session, but I want to get to the point where I set this up bi- weekly with a rotating group of people. Anyone interested?"


If you are, send an e-mail to trash@thedeepelement.com


3 comments:

brian comnes said...

I will do this for sure !

VICMOD said...

sounds like what we do at VICMOD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIwU2dnx-zo

VICMOD said...

oops here
http://vicmod.blogspot.com/2009/08/vicmod-plays.html