8/01/2008

Access: Interview with Hans Zimmer



Access posted a nice interview with film composer Hans Zimmer recently, I found a few excellent quotes. Among them was this:

Hans
On Da Vinci Code, I said, “other than the orchestral stuff, I am only going to use one thing”, which of course was the new Virus Polar because it had just shown up. Then it was sort of fun to go “ok, now what am I going to get out of this one machine” and it was a fun way to sort of figure out hot to push it all the way to the wall. But then I could ruin your day and mention that I did end-up putting another synth into it, because the Virus could not do one thing. Do you know what that synth was?

The Minimoog.

Acccess
Fair enough.

Hans
Right! I had to do that bass thing. At the premier, at the Cannes Film Festival, when that little Minimoog came in, and it was not even vary loud, all the ceiling tiles began rattling and I was very happy!


Check out the extensive interview here.

2 comments:

felix said...

Haha! Analog FTW!

skkatter said...

Genoqs Octopus in the background!